Monday 28 May 2012

Korea Day 1

I count myself very lucky because I have 2 grad trips - one with yums & co, and the other with b. The girls & I settled for Korea in the end because we didn't want to put our health at risk with the relatively nuclear-radiated Japan. Aww Japan, I will visit you one day.

We signed up for a tour package with SA Tours, and the whole things cost us about $1.8K, which includes accomodation, most of the meals, and all the attractions and sightseeing places, and another $700 spending money. It was overall a very fun trip with the awesome comapny, albeit tiring cos we had to rush here and there!

My first meal in Korea: Macdees breakfast! Funny they don't have tea on their menu. & I drank tons of orange juice that day it acidified my stomach no joke :(


First stop of the day: Everland theme park

I thought it was crazy because I was totally ill-prepared, plus I didn't have a good night sleep on the plane :/ 


Coincidentally, it was Korea's Children's Day then, and it was so packed with families! The korean kids are really adorable, and they seemed well-behaved cos I don't remember seeing any of them crying! Look at the little boy beside me in the picture! So cute right! He looks like he wanted something I can totally imagine him in the whiny tone, going: Omma, yi gor sa ju geh!.. (Mummy, buy that for me!)






Spot the T-Express at the backdrop!

We took only 3 rides in Everland because of the little amount of time that we can spent in there, plus waiting time for the rides. But we conquered the biggest and scariest ride there - the wooden rollercoaster T-Express!! The whole ride was like 3 minutes?! @.@ Madness!



The first vertical drop was 77 degrees, & it went down so fast that there wasn't even time for me to scream! But it was EXTREMELY fun and thrilling! After the ride, I realised Human and Cylon rides in USS are just beginner rollercoaster rides lol.

Second stop of the day: Kimchi making


The only picture we have. & I thought we can get to keep the kimchis but NO, we had to buy from them!

Third stop of the day: Sporting the Hanbok look









We looked good in our Hanboks, don't we? : )

No comments:

Post a Comment